Saturday, March 18, 2006

The %$#@ afghan!


This is the afghan I started around Christmastime for my father-in-law, who is going through radiation and chemo for esophageal cancer. I raided my stash and decided to use this Lions Brand Thick & Quick Chenille in Khaki because I thought it would be warm and snuggly. I had bought seven skeins when our Joann Fabrics was being closed before turning into a Joann's superstore (Aside: that new store is so huge I can get lost in it!). So I got the yarn for less than $5 a skein but then read that a lot of knitters don't like working with it. I guess it's more crochet-friendly. But this afghan looks pretty nice; but it's taking forever. I can't remember how many stitches I cast on, but I'm using Size 10 needles and it's almost 52 inches wide. I can only knit a few rows a night because the weight makes my arms and wrists hurt. I'm coming down the home stretch, though. Just one more skein to go!

No comments: