Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Junior knitter


"In through the front door, once around the back,
Peek through the window, and off jumps Jack!"

Aubren Kubicki, daughter of my good friend and quasi-sister Kristi Misiewicz Kubicki, learned this tranditional rhyme as I taught her how to knit while visiting last weekend (had to call Mom, who was at a Brewer's spring training game, to remember it). Aubren was a natural, picking it up quickly and soon getting the rhythm (as long as I was throwing the yarn). She really liked counting her rows and seeing what she was creating. Her Nana (husband Brian's mother), an avid knitter, will be so proud!

I had a nice visit with a bunch of Misiewiczs while in South Bend: Kevin, Kathy, Kory, Kelley and her daughter Sade, and the rest of Kristi's family: Brian and sons Silas (my godson) and Ealin.

Keep up your knitting, Aubren! We'll teach your Mommy next.

No comments: