Saturday, March 18, 2006

Molly's Layette

As you can see, I've been doing a lot of baby knitting lately. While my husband and I were going through our own infertility struggles, it seems everyone around us was getting pregnant! I knit this whole layette set for my co-worker Tom, whose wife was pregnant with their first girl after five boys! So I thought little Molly Rose would need some girly clothes. I used some plain white acrylic yarn and knit my favorite top-down baby sweater (pattern came from the website of Arcadia Knitting yarn shop here in Chicago, but it's no longer posted on the site), a basic roll-brim baby hat, and booties from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation. The blanket pattern was also from the Internet, but I didn't really care for it and haven't saved it. Tom is a crocheter himself (don't know when he finds time for that!) so he really appreciated the work on this set. Molly wore the sweater home from the hospital in November.

No comments: