Monday, April 17, 2006

Help! Big boo-boo

This is felted purse #2, made with Patons Classic Merino Wool in Deep Olive. This yarn felted totally differently than the Cascade. Even though I used the same pattern as the pink purse below and felted it for the same amount of time, it ended up 16 inches wide by 11 inches tall. The three accent yarns turned out pretty cool, in three wide bands across the purse. The bottom one is more burgandy than it appears in the photo.

While photographing this, I realized a major mistake: I attached the handles wrong, going across the purse, rather than to the side. I'm not sure how to fix this. Could I cut them at the top and reattach to the right one? Could it be refelted? My husband suggests a button at the top. Not a bad idea. Another option would be to remove the handles altogether and somehow attach a different handle. This is a major bummer, as these both turned out so well. You live, you learn. Hopefully I won't make this mistake again.

2 comments:

tocspaw said...

I don't know if this would work - but could you just re-block it to shape with the handles going the right way?

Heidi said...

Thanks for the suggestion, but I actually ATTACHED them the wrong way, ie, across the opening of the purse instead of on the same side. Dumb, I know...