Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mitten accomplished!

I finished one of the felted mittens out of the pretty purple (Color #13)Galway yarn. Just had to post 'cause I was cracking myself up with the pun title. This mitten took about 2/3 a skein, so I will need two to do the pair. (I buy Galway on ebay usually for about $5 a skein.)

Last night I fixed the Lions Watercolors sweater, my first sweater with set-in sleeves. My first attempt at attaching them was less-than-perfect; they were too tight and it showed. So last night I took them out, resewed them on, and put on the perfectly matching buttons. I've already finished a matching hat and am now trying some booties. Will post pix when the set is done.

I tried my mom's cold remedy last night: drank a shot of whiskey in hot water with lemon and honey, then rubbbed Vicks Vapo-rub on my feet and put on wool socks and went to bed. I do feel a little better today, though still haven't gotten my voice back. I may have to try it again tonight.

2 comments:

Purl Needlemeyer said...

There's nothing better than a great blog post headline. I love it. (and I won't steal it, since I've never made a mitten!)

Staci Page said...

I think that's hilarious. I just had to check it out after you mentioned at brunch this week.