Monday, April 03, 2006

My lucky (Doris) Day!

I'm home sick today with a nasty cold but lucked out with a Doris Day marathon on Turner Classic Movies. Right now I'm watching "Tunnel of Love," which is, coincidentally, about infertility and adoption, but in 1958. I don't know why I'm such a DD fan. I guess I just love everything retro, even if it is so obnoxiously anti-feminist. Trivia: Her real name was Doris Kappelhoff. More trivia: My paternal grandmother's first name is Doris, and it's my sister's middle name.

While confined to my bed, I've made progress on the Purple Galway felted mitten I started in South Bend. May even start #2 today. That's the thing with mittens: Just when you think you're done, you have to knit another one.

Next up: "Please Don't Eat the Daisies," which I've seen about a half dozen times. Maybe I'll take a nap after some chicken soup.

Cough, cough.

No comments: