Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's easy being green

Turns out that I have a lot of green yarn. I pulled all my green from my stash in honor of Project Spectrum. Seems like I tend toward sage-y greens, in part because it's a hot decorating color (Our study/future nursery is Benjamin Moore's "Weekend Getaway"), but also because I like a sage-y, minty green for unisex baby things.

I also realized how many green things I've already knit in my short knitting career. There were my sister's forest green felted mittens, my sister-in-law's chunky army green scarf and hat, a supersoft army green blanket for my friend Michelle's little boy Alex, and a sage green blanket for my friend Kassie's baby Maeve.

I think for Project Spectrum I'm supposed to knit something green this month. In addition to finishing the teddy bear, I plan to do some do some mittens with some acquired and leftover Wool-ease that I can give to charity next Christmas. I'll be sure one pair is green.

My Project Spectrum partner for this month, Rae at Tales of a Knitter's Life has some cool green stuff on her blog, too. Check it out!

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Beautiful greens! Thanks for showing off your green stash :)