Monday, May 22, 2006

Tricot en France

That's me: knitting on the train in Provence in the south of France. My husband and I just got back from a 10-day vacation there, which explains why the blog has been kind of quiet lately. We spent two days in Paris, two days at a monastery at Taize in the Burgandy region, and then four days in Provence. It was a great trip all around, although I didn't do as much knitting (tricot, in French) as I expected.

I don't know about you but I always overpack yarn. For this 10-day trip, I brought four projects: a baby sweater I had just started (2 skeins), a mitten I had also started (2 more skeins), 2 skeins for a second set of mittens, and a skein for a scarf. That's 7 skeins for those of you keeping track.

Even though I had tons of free time on my hands, I only used one skein: about a half skein on the baby sweater, and another half skein on the first set of mittens. So that's 6 skeins of yarn I brought but didn't need. Luckily, they were light and didn't take up much room in our suitcases (which, btw, didn't make the transfer in London so I'm hoping they will be delivered tonight by American Airlines).

Spiritual lesson: Pack light, whereever you go.

My mom said to buy French angora there, but I didn't do any yarn shopping. I was too busy climbing to the top of the Eiffel Tower, lying on the Mediterranean beach, and drinking wine in cafes. I also did lots of reading (check out my book blog soon for updates and reviews on the books I read while on vacation). But mostly I just relaxed, reconnected with my husband, and enjoyed soaking in another culture. C'est bon!

3 comments:

Patsy said...

Sorry I missed getting your birthday card and gift to you on time. It will come !!
I enjoy reading your blog

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»