Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cheating on my yarn diet

I went to Joann's Craft Store for two skeins of yarn. I swear. I had a friend's car (Thanks, Delia!), so I was running errands yesterday and buying all those heavy things I can't throw in my backback when biking (potting soil, laundry detergent, cases of soda). So I stopped at Joann's to get one skein of Angel Hair in Berry to finish a scarf (it's a nice soft angora blend) and one skein of Lions Watercolors in Aqua to finish this teddy bear.

But wouldn't you know it that they were having a clearance sale, and the Watercolors was on sale for $3 a skein (regularly $5.99). I really like this yarn for baby sweaters (See the one I knit here) and was planning one in pink for Sophie. So I stocked up on pink (10 skeins) and picked up four blue ones, in addition to the one aqua I came for.

I also got four skeins of turquoise Patons Allure, which is another super soft yarn for scarves. Can you believe $1 a skein? I had been so good on my self-imposed yarn diet, not purchasing any for a few months (except the "shopping" I did at Easter from my mom's stash). My stash may be smaller than some, but I live in a pretty small 2-bedroom condo, so I'm trying to lose a few pounds (of yarn). Well, just like my regular diet, it's back on the horse after a weekend of cheating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»