Sunday, June 18, 2006

FO report

While I was without Internet at home for almost a week, an amazing thing happened: I spent more time knitting (and reading books) rather than blogging and/or reading blogs. I'm surely not the first knitting blogger to note that blogging takes time away from knitting. But I see blogging as just another creative endeavor, so it's not a competition for knitting but rather a complement to it (not to mention all my other creative endeavors).


Here is an update on the knitting I've accomplished in the past week: I knit up a quick scarf (above) in plain-old garter stitch from this nice, soft wool blend yarn from Joann's, the name of which is escaping me right now. I only bought that yarn to match the Plymouth Encore next to it, from back when I was buying lots of pink for hat/mitten/scarf sets for little girls last Christmas. I actually ended up liking this pink/orange/yellow combo, especially after I added the fringe. I used two skeins and make the scarf long enough to wrap around. Now I just need to do the mittens.



Also, the baby set from Paton's Katrina, a nice stretchy yarn, is finished. I made a hat, two sets of booties (the first set was so tiny, I did a slightly larger pair), and added buttons to the sweater. I'll give this to my coworkers Heather on Tuesday. She knits some, so I know she'll appreciate it. I've decided to alter this pattern again, decreasing the number of buttonholes (Don't all those buttons look funny? And what mother wants to do all those up on a squirmy baby?) and also making the buttons go to the top.

I also finished knitting the Watercolors teddy bear, but I haven't sewn it together, stuffed it, and added eyes yet. I'll post a photo as soon as I do. With all those completed, I started two new projects: the Om Yoga Mat Bag from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation for myself, and a cute toddler size sweater (pattern here) out of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick & Quick. The yoga mat is my first foray into lace (so far, so good), and for the toddler sweater I've learned the Twisted Garter Stitch, which looks pretty cool.

It just dawned on me that I'm going to my parent's soon and have nothing to felt there! Maybe I'll try another fortune cookie...

3 comments:

Mary said...

Pretty scarf. I like the bootees that go with the sweater. They look like they might stay on. I am knitting up a storm on my beaded shawl. Can hardly wait to finish it.

Love, Mom

Patsy said...

you really are getting to be a great knitter!!I love all the things you knit.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was totally enthralled with the messages you have posted in this self help, healing, weight loss, health, spirit, spiritual, the secret, love, prosperity, abundance, blog. Keep up the posts, I have added you to my favorites!

T.P.
http://www.tonyapruitt.com