Friday, June 02, 2006

Happy birthday to me

Today I am 42. This is a toughie, because I had hoped to be a mom by 42, and now with our adoption wait getting longer that's not going to happen. I will be 43 by the time Sophie gets here in 2007. But if you figure that she will be about 1 year old by the time we get her, then she will have been born when I was 42. Trying to look on the bright side.

I have a nice birthday planned: a day off work, lunch with friends Karen and Delia, and then Delia is graciously letting me borrow her car so Ed and I can drive to Wisconsin to watch the Brewers play tonight with my parents. And I started the day off with some early-morning blogging and reading of knitting blogs. Now I'm going to go finish that baby sweater. Got to have something to show mom tonight.


4 comments:

Rae said...

Happy Birthday!

What wonderful things you have to look forward to this coming year. My heart goes out to you with the sorrows and challenges you've faced. I have been so immensely fortunate, and I won't even begin to say, "I understand what you feel." I will say, however, that my heart goes out to you, and I wish you peace, strength, and joy in the coming year.

When Sophie arrives, it's clear you will fill her life with love, devotion, and beauty. You are a terrific mom.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday from your mom! That looks like a knitted birthday cake. Wherever did you find that? Looking forward to seeing you tonight at the Brewer's game. Hope they don't stink up the place like they have been doing in Pittsburgh.

Love, Mom

Heather said...

Hang in there - your little girl will be there before you know it!

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»