Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sophie's first sweater from Gram


Since I don't have any FOs to report on, I thought I'd share this beautiful sweater my mother just finished for granddaughter Sophie, who we're adopting from China. Read more about it at her knitting blog, Keesus Knitter (named for the beautiful lake they live on, which I'm currently visiting while they're out of town).

I commented that this pretty varigated blue/green yarn would also work for a boy, which may be a possiblity. Because the wait for our adoption of Sophie from China keeps getting longer (it could be as long as two years from now; in fact, that's likely), we're thinking about pursuing another adoption in the meantime, perhaps of a boy from Vietnam. This wouldn't jeapordize our China adoption, but it would be put on hold for awhile so the two kids don't come too close together. Like I said, this is still in the discussion stage, so it's not for sure. And it's a bit of shift to start thinking "boy" when I've already been buying pink stuff, but we had planned on two kids anyway and were going to try for a boy after Sophie.

The getaway to Lake Keesus is really a writing weekend, and the weather is cooperating by not tempting me to be out in the sun. Thanks to clouds and sprinkles, I wrote for almost three hours and got over 1,500 words done on Chapter Two. I'm going to do a bit more tonight and hopefully the same amount tomorrow.

On the knitting front, I'm still working on the two blue projects: the yoga bag and the toddler chunky sweater. Ed and I are going to watch a movie tonight (either Elf or Walk the Line) so I hope to do a good two hours of knitting. Maybe I can try to finish them before the Project Spectrum blue month of June is over.

4 comments:

tocspaw said...

I love this sweater!! Can you share what pattern your mother used? That's exciting that you are considering an adoption from Vietnam. As the wait gets longer, it's hard to remain positive, but it sounds like you've got lots to look forward to!

Heidi said...

My mom got the pattern free from the woman she bought the yarn from (at the Stitches show last year, someone from Maine). But she says it was full of errors and was going to correct them for me. When I get it, I'd be glad to share it. Send me your snail mail and I'll send you a copy.

tocspaw said...

Tried to drop you an email, but it got returned to me, so I'm not sure I have the right address. Can you let me know how to contact you? Many thanks...

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»