Sunday, July 02, 2006

Good fortune

While at my parents' last weekend, I knit up a quick fortune cookie, using the pattern for the smaller one (from IndigoMuse). It only took less than two hours (knit during Walk the Line). I felted it in my mom's new-fangled, computerized washing machine. This one turned out much closer to what I expected--about 4 inches in diameter. (See comparison to the larger one in the photo at right.) So I think these would make great birth announcements, but now I have to find out if the Vietnamese do fortune cookies?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is cute. I hope you get a response about the fortune cookie. You probably will find out it is an American thing. Maybe the Chinese don't have fortune cookies.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»