Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sad news

Just a day after I posted about the wonderful show my nephew and niece were in last weekend, my sister's family was shocked to learn that one of the other principle actors, a lovely 24-year-old woman named Andrea Baker, was killed in a car crash. Read the news story here. My nephew Kevin, of course, is devastated, as are all the young people who worked with her on this production. She played "Mrs. Mayor" and gave a nice speech at the end, thanking all those who helped with the play. I didn't know her personally, but am shocked at such a promising life cut short. Her family and friends are in my prayers.

1 comment:

Rae said...

It's always a tragic thing when someone near our circle - even if not directly in it - dies. My heart goes out to her friends and family.