Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm a knitting designer!

One of the first knitting blogs I ever read was Just Another Day. The writer, "Creative Genius," eventually started an online knitting magazine called For the Love of Yarn. Yesterday she asked me to write up my mini-mitten pattern and submit it for their October issue. I was so flattered!!!! I'm such a newbie and this is really my first pattern. I'll be sure to let you all know when it runs. Here are the mittens I started embellishing last night with green felt and buttons. What do you think?

A good friend stopped by my office yesterday and brought me these lovely fall flowers to cheer me up. I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends who care so much about me. What shocks me is that I've also made some wonderful friends out in blog-land. So many people from knitting, craft and adoption blogs have been following our trials and tributions of trying to make a family and have been so supportive. Thank you to everyone. It really means a lot.

2 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

They look TERRIFIC!!!!!!!

Mary said...

Heidi, the mittens are cute. I like the embellishment.

Love, Mom