Saturday, September 02, 2006

New project

Because of all the new hassles with our adoption (see my Dear Sam and Sophie blog here), I haven't had much time or energy to work on Sam's blanket. Plus I learned that my sister-in-law's due date is the beginning of December, not the end of December as someone had told me. So I started a baby sweater for her little girl today. It's the same sweater I've knit for two others, but in a nice soft white yarn.

Last night Ed and I went to a bbq at our friends Daniella and Jason's and we both got to hold and feed their 3-month-old, Max. He was so cute! Maybe it will feel better to focus on (and knit for) someone else's baby for awhile. I also have a baby shower next weekend, so I've got to finish up that teddy bear, which still needs stuffing.

Or maybe I need to stop knitting baby gifts and make something cool for myself. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Renee said...

As a non-knitter (but an admirer of those who knit) I don't have any ideas for a project, but I agree that you should definitely do something nice for yourself, whether it's knitting related or not! :-)

Purl Needlemeyer said...

Your patience and generosity are so incredible admirable. You know that everything you do for others comes back to you tenfold! No doubt Your kids are gonna have a lot of blankets and sweaters! But yes, don't forget to take care of the most important person. How about a cashmere scarf?