Monday, October 02, 2006

It's official...

... fall is here. I made a pot roast (with carrots and potatoes) and an apple crisp (with craisins) for dinner last night.

Of course, today it was 80 degrees.

Tonight I will spend the evening "frogging" many rows (of 100-plus stitches) of the baby sweater for my sister-in-law. I was really cranking last night during "Desperate Housewives" and "Without a Trace." Then I discovered a dropped stitch. Despite being a perfectionist in other areas of life, I'm inclined to leave a boo-boo or two in my knitted items, although this was pretty glaring and it is a gift. So I'm slowly taking it out.

Btw, it took me forever to figure out why it's called "frogging"--because you rip it, rip it. Get it? My mom calls it "tinking"--knit spelled backward. Either way, it's not very productive, is it? Kind of like the whole adoption process: one step forward, two steps back.

2 comments:

Rae said...

painful. Ripping - whether called frogging or tinking, is PAINFUL. Hang in there!

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Sorry to hear about your frogging. New term for me. I will say that your pot roast sounds delicious.