Sunday, October 15, 2006

On the road: Lexington, KY

Within approximately one hour of landing at Lexington ("Blue Grass") Airport for what's being billed at "The First Annual Sibs Weekend" for the Butler clan (my husband's family), I was in one of Kentucky's newest and nicest yarn shops. That's me pictured above at Magpie Yarn, located in downtown Lexington. This is just before I spent $50 on some lovely Rowan cotton in a fun lime green that perfectly matched some popcorn-type multicolor that I imagine will be a really cute sweater for Sam someday.

Here are the Butler siblings: (from left) Tom, Trish and my husband Edmund, pictured on the steps of a building at Transylvania University, where Tom's wife, Kremena teaches English (and is also almost eight months pregnant). She, by the way, is also a crafter, mostly applique and quilting. The last photo is of her with her quilting and me showing off a little white hat I just finished for their baby. It's from the book Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. It's got a cute I-cord bow that's threaded through a row of eyelet. It's my new favorite baby hat.

2 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

oh i love that hat pattern too!

Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip! And a yarn store, yum, I haven't been since I put a ban on buying more yarn until I actually knit something ha ha . .