Monday, October 23, 2006

WIP & FO

Here's my Works in Progress from the weekend: some more felted sweater purses. I've cut out three of them and begun stitching on the pockets. On the army green one, I used the cuffs from the arms to make two little square pockets. On the chartruse green ones, I used the fair isle striping from the arm to make one large pocket. I was having a hard time figuring out what to use as handles (I have a really cool leather one from a woman in Wisconsin who makes them, but they're $15 a pair). Then I saw my bag of ties. I think I have a gold one that will match the army green purse perfectly. That's for next weekend...


Then I did the lining for my purple purse that I knit and felted last year. I found this satin pajama for $1 at the Louisville Goodwill that matched perfectly. Once again, I used the pocket from the nightshirt for my pocket in my purse. This turned out nice and is nice and silky inside!

I sent off my first-ever swap package today, for a craft supplies swap organized by Rebecca at Thrifty Goodness. I put together a nice collection of stuff for Lucy at Sweet Repeats. It was good to empty some of my stash. Hopefully she will enjoy the loot.

There was a beautiful post on Yarnstorm about winding yarn by hand here. I love how she collects artwork on knitting and her comments are always illuminating. Speaking of knitting art, check out this great vintage knitting photo on Woof Nanny's blog.

We're still waiting for good news on our adoption from our agency waiting to get its license. It's been a long road just to get to Step 1, and today is one of those days I feel like giving up. Hopefully the good news will come soon...

4 comments:

Creative Genius? said...

Don't give up -- good news is just around the corner and you'll have your kids in your arms where they belong!

mo said...

Those bags look like they are going to be cute. Did you see the article in November's Martha with the felted projects? The chickens are really cute. I will keep you in my thoughts where your adoption is concerned- I hope you get good news soon.

Anonymous said...

Heidi...I really have to try out felting (especially since you so graciously did that tutorial for everyone). Your new projects are going to look cute, also like your purple one, I love purple anyway. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your adoption(s) go through sooner rather than later. Keep your faith that it will happen.

:)lucy

Rae said...

Don't give up! I know you won't. You know you won't. Hang in there, keep blogging, and persevere!!