Tuesday, November 21, 2006

SOLD!

"Do not give your heart to that which does not satisfy your heart." (Desert Father Abba Poeman the Shepherd, 4th century)

I've sold my first Purse-onalities! My friend Delia purchased two: one as a gift, and that pretty pumpkin-colored one above for herself. I gave her a slight "friend discount," but still, I made money! Yea! The inside fabric for those two above is this cute comic sheet. I like the fall colored ones the best.
But it's a good news/bad news thing: The good news, of course, is that they sold, but that also means my inventory is now down to four, and I'm trying to have a bunch to sell at a house sale sponsored by a friend of a friend on Dec. 3 here in Chicago.

So of course because I have to crank some out, my sewing machine went on the blink. I carried it two blocks to the nice sewing machine repair shop in my neighborhood (it's heavy!) and the nice man said it needs a service, which is going to cost $60. There goes my profit from selling the purses! Oh well, that's a good thing to spend it on.

I can pick my machine up on Saturday, and you can bet I'll be cranking out a bunch of Purse-onalities this weekend. Do you think I can finish six?

Looks like I'm not going to have time to make the felt leaf garland. Nor the cookie sheet Advent calendar (lots of Advent calendar ideas at two peas). I'll have to save those ideas for next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay on your first Purse sale!!! I'm sorry about your sewing machine going on the blink. Mine is on it's way out, it got damaged this summer so among other things, it doesn't wind bobbins, so I feel your pain. I'm glad yours was fixable! Congrats again!