Saturday, January 27, 2007

Busy, busy, busy!

"What do you do when you're not sure?" (Father Flynn in John Patrick Shanley's Pullitzer Prize-winning play Doubt)
I've been a busy crafter lately. Last week on my day off I made three (count 'em) purses, which I've posted here. That one above is already spoken for and I just sold the gold one at the end to my friend Kaycee last night. I'm working on some others today, including one for my neighbor downstairs, who just put a bid on a house. Boo-hoo! We're so sad they'll be moving. They're great neighbors. In fact, I'm writing this on a computer they lent us, because mine seems to be on the fritz.


Yesterday I stopped at the St. Vincent de Paul's that is next to the grocery store and they had a sale: all sweaters for a $1. Now I've been trying not to add to my massive wool sweater stash, but I couldn't pass up that deal. I brought home a whole big garbage bag full. Ed is getting very worried.
My goal is to open my etsy shop with about six or ten sweaters by Feb. 1. Then I'd like to start making a bunch, with the goal of having enough (30? 50?) to make it worth it to have a booth at a craft fair in the fall. Meanwhile, I keep selling them to people I know.


I also have been making a new thing with felt and will post that later this week. It's kind of related to the pink and brown swap. I'm excited!

On Thursday, I saw this play and it was really awesome. I tend not to be a doubting person, (even when my life is crap, I don't blame God, for some reason) but it gave me a lot to think about. I highly recommend it if it comes to your city.

4 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

LOL, the worried husband cracks me up.

Lucy said...

I really have a hard time finding wool sweaters, it might be the area I live in...boohooo. Looks like you have a good "business" plan in place, I'm sure your purses will be wildly successful. How much did you decide to sell them for?

I'm starting to hide some of my thrifty stuff...LOL...I'm worrying myself, let alone the other half! LOL

lucy

Sue said...

I think your sweater purses are absolutely, positively lovely. I look forward to you opening your etsy shop so that I can have one of my very own! I especially like the one with just one pocket in the front. Kudos!

Ashley said...

I want one! How can I get one?