Thursday, February 01, 2007

Etsy shop open!!!!!

"Work of the eyes is done, now/ go and do heart work/ on all the images imprisoned in you." (Ranier Maria Rilke, "Turning Point" from The Selected Poetry of Ranier Maria Rilke)
Well, friends, I made my goal: As of today, right now, my new etsy shop is open. Click here to check it out! I currently have four purses for sale there, and will be adding four more (at least) over the next few eays. So if any of those grab your fancy, act quickly--or check back in a few days to see if you like the new ones better.


I can tell you that there are some cute pink ones (including a pink and brown one--inspired by the swap) coming soon. Also some more in earthy tones, and a fun orange and teal stripe. There are so many great sweaters out there just screaming to be made into funky bags!

I have to say, I found etsy's set-up pretty user friendly. We'll see how it goes when I actually have a sale. I've been selling these almost as fast as I can make them to people I know here in Chicago, but I'm excited to try to see if the "general public" out there in online land likes them.
Finally a special thank you to everyone who have sent me so many sweet messages and comfort about our continuing adoption saga. I really means so much to me that all these "strangers" (not really) are supporting me during this tough time. And thanks for all your crafty support, too. I would have never opened an online store without all your cheers along the way!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations on making your goal! :) Your purses are darling! Love the addition of the flowers.

Sue said...

Congratulations on your new shop, Heidi! I think the purses are delightful. Kudos and best of luck to you in this endeavor.

Rebecca said...

Congrats! I believe I had this smae goal and you see where that got me. :) Can't wait to see the Pink and Brown one!

VictoriaE said...

The bags look so cosy. Your quotes are still getting to me.

kristin said...

love these bags!! good luck with the shop, i'll be sure to check it out!

mimulus said...

hi heidi,

I am mimulus form greenjewls. thanks for stoppign by. I actually do not back my quilts...I try to keep the sewing neat and trimmed and the backs look almost as good as the fronts. Some. I have seen it donw however. hope that helps. Look for a turorial in the next month or so after teh auction is over. I am swamped now!

Sarah and Jack said...

Congratulations on the Etsy gig. I am considering this myself, so I will be watching how it goes eagerly.

Lucy said...

Congrats on your shop opening and achieving your goal! I admire your focus and determination. Not to mention your cute purses and other crafts :)

lucy

deb said...

Hi Heidi! thanks for commenting again.. I couldn't find you the first time. :) Off to check out your Etsy shop. Congrats!

Jon and Jenny said...

Heidi, you amaze me. I love the bags! Brown and pink sounds down my alley - i am in the market for a light, small backpack as i am always on my bike and a shoulder bag doesn't work. Enjoy your new business!