Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Real love

"Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you do with your evenings, how you will spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything." (Jesuit priest Pedro Arrupe)

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Thanks to a blizzard yesterday and today, I was spared a business trip to Washington D.C. Instead I got a snow day yesterday and got some crafting done (more purses and flowers to be posted here soon). In other exciting etsy news, I sold my first purse to the lovely woman with this blog. So that's three sales and counting. Woo-hoo! Thank you Vintage Chica!

No big plans for V-Day, just a nice quiet dinner with my husband. We don't exchange gifts on such holidays, but I always ask for a nice, mushy card. I did get this lovely Valentine (below) from this crafty woman. I love the crepe paper and the glitter! She and I exchanged Valentines, and I sent her the (what else?) felt stuffed heart above. I also made those for my sister and my mom (I don't exchange gifts with my lover but I do with my sister and mom! But of course, we exchange gifts for every little holiday.) I made myself a similar one but sewed buttons all over it, but I forgot to take a photo.


On Valentine's Day I am so grateful for the man who loves me every day, no matter how grouchy I am. I always remember how hard this day (and every day) was when I was alone. So today I remember all those men and women without great romantic relationships. May they find their soulmates soon!

P.S. Crafty note: Tutorial for heart-shaped yo-yos here. I've still never made rounds ones yet, so maybe I should wait for these advanced ones.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Congrats on selling a purse! What exciting news. Your felt heart is really cute. I made similar hearts for all of my daughters this year. They're so quick and fun. Happy Valentines Day!

Penny Sanford Fikes said...

You know, I was never a yoyo fan. Those yoyo quilts just did not do it for me. Once I tried a round yoyo (to make a garland for the Christmas tree), I was hooked because of how easy they are, and how fun it is to pull those gathers. The heart yoyo is just as easy. If you can knit, BELIEVE me, you can yoyo! Send me a picture of what you make with the yoyo's!
Fondly,
Penny
www.pennysanford.typepad.com

Sue said...

Congratulations on your purse sales! That’s very exciting and I am incredibly happy for you. It sounds like you had a lovely St. Valentine’s Day ~ and on that note, I second your comment about being grateful for a man who loves you, no matter if you are grouchy or not. I wholeheartedly concur. I give thanks every day for a husband who loves God and loves me.

Lucy said...

Congrats on your purse sale!! Best wishes for many many more!

Your felted heart is adorable and great Valentine from Sarah. Very sweet :)

lucy

Beata said...

Very similar indeed...lovely!

Sarah and Jack said...

Oy! Blogger ate my comment. I love that heart, it has a permanent home on the pie safe now.

Joy Perrino said...

I LOVE the felted purse, Heidi! It's so fun...I'm usually not much of a heart girl, but this is lovely...