Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Thirty-nine

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” (Abraham Lincoln)This is what 39 looks like: my wonderful husband celebrates his birthday today. That's him at the top of Camelback Peak, which we both climbed this morning. Whew! It was a lot harder than I thought. More rock climbing than hiking, but we made it.

We are here in Phoenix, Arizona, visiting my parents, who spend the month of March here every year. It sure was nice to get away from the snowy winter of Chicago. I think we both needed a vacation.

My parents are great hosts: We went to the Cubs/Brewers spring training game yesterday (Cubs won!) then my mom made crab legs for dinner. We ended the night with a game of dominos. Tonight we're going out to a Chinese restaurant for Ed's birthday. Tomorrow we plan to lie by the pool most of the day. At least I do.

I've been doing some knitting and have some craft news to share, but will try to post later in the week. For now, I'm just trying to catch up on my blog reading and on reading all my mom's good knitting books and magazines. I hope to have a finished sock to post soon!

8 comments:

Lucy said...

tntjtlgkTell Happy Birthday to DH for me!! Hope your 39th year is the best yet. :)

I'm jealous of you, chilling by the pool in all that warmth. I shoulda hitched a ride in your suitcases! Have fun knitting and creating, as well as visting with your parents on your trip.

lucy

Creative Genius? said...

Oh that is one of my FAVORITE hikes... to be crazy we'd hike it up and over the mountain AND back again.... fun times fun times....

my record for up the Echo canyon side is 34 minutes.... those were the days!

Hope you're having fun!

Renee said...

Two weird coincidences, Heidi: My parents climbed Camelback last week, and my husband Jim's birthday is today too! Hope you have a great time.

Heidi said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful, relaxing time! Enjoy every minute! :)

linda t said...

Welcome to Phx Arizona!
Camelback Mt. is no easy hike! Good for you guys!
My parents live in WI... I sure wish they were here to enjoy our warm weather.
Have a great week relaxing!

Patsy said...

I AM ENJOYING THE BLOGS. I am glad you talked me into doing mine,I'TS FUN.HAPPY BITHDAY ED!!

Sue said...

Happiest of happy birthdays to your husband! I hope he had a glorious day. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time away. Joy!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Happy birthday to your sweet husband!You ,thrift for us while your there ,I love to thrift in new places!!!