Thursday, April 05, 2007

Flower power

"Spring comes and the grass grows by itself." (Zen Buddhist saying)


Well, even though we had snow flurries yesterday in Chicago, the sun is shining today and I'm feeling springy. I'm off for a four-day Easter weekend, and got up early this morning and (after writing a few reflections for my book) I made these felt flowers. Then I just spent the last hour updating my etsy shop with purses that match those flowers and two of the pink and green flowers themselves. I've sold a couple vintage wallpaper packs, so I also replenished those. The shop is full!

Thanks for all the nice comments about the video. I'm sorry I don't respond to all comments (blogger makes it hard for me to find your email address), but know that I appreciate all the positive strokes. I'm sure I'll have some more video again sometime, though I don't really like being in front of the camera.

Those little pink and green flowers are a hint for my Spring Fling Swap partner, Nancy from North Carolina, who I know loves flower arranging and is a new knitter. I've been busy putting some pink and green springness together for her. I also worked on my pincushion for Tiff last night (while watching Memoir of a Geisha--I can't believe how they changed the ending!). I should have that finished and in the mail by next week. And I made one for myself, too.

Now, off to make some more purses and go for a nice walk with my hubby before church tonight. Happy Holy Thursday to all any Christians out there.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Your shop is in full swing!! Good for you! You've had alot of sales in short time, so congrats :)

Love the pink and green bag, very cute. I can never find and wool sweaters, you have all the luck, but maybe it's just the area I'm in??

ooooowwweeee, sneak peak on Nancy--I'm sure she's gonna love whatever goodness you pick out and make for her. I'm still trying to decide what to make Raesha, I better get the show on the road!

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter, friend :)

lucy

Sue said...

I'm so glad you are doing well with your etsy shop, Heidi. Deo gratias.

I pray that you and your family will have a happy, holy Easter weekend.