Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Peep, peep

"Rejoice, O earth, in shining splendor, radiant in the brightness of your King! Christ has conquered! Glory fills you! Darkness vanishes forever! (From the "Exult," the traditional prayer of praise at the Easter vigil)

So I here to report that the Peep S'Mores were a hit, except that there was a slightly odd taste that we weren't sure was from the peep roasting or the fair-trade chocolate. The kids enjoyed them, anyway. That's Jack, my sister's oldest and my godson with a freshly roasted peep.

I thought I'd show a picture of how pretty my table looked before I tried to cram all the food on it, not to mention cram nine people around it. Since we don't have a dining room (or a dining room table) we bought a fold-down table that doubles as a sofa table, which when attached to a card table, seats nine people, barely. It was half in the living room and half in our front hall! Look at how crowded it was (below), but my family is good sports. No one complained. (And yes, that's the Cubs/Brewers game on during Easter dinner!)

We had an Easter egg hunt outside in the park (Jack was totally embarrassed to be carrying an Easter basket in public!) Then everyone went home by 6 p.m. and I was left with a clean kitchen (thanks, Mom and Edmund) and lots of leftovers.

Netflix Update: Ed and I have been watching some great movies lately. I always tease him that he only orders foreign films and documentaries, which is pretty much true, but I love that he exposes me to something besides HGTV and "Law and Order." We saw this amazing Indian film, "Water" over the weekend. (It's part of a triology and we just ordered the other two.) Then last night on IFC saw this half Hungarian movie called "American Rhapsody." I'd give "Water" four stars, and "American Rhapsody" three and a half. It's hard to knit or sew with all those subtitles, but it's worth it.

11 comments:

VaxGirl said...

I love those little bunnies you made, and all the better from scraps! I wonder if the weird taste was the sugar on the outside of the peeps, maybe it burnt?

pei girl said...

looks like all had a great Easter dinner your table looks just great it is so nice to have family over for dinner our dinner was cancelled do to the only major snow storm we had this past winter oops spring.

Heidi said...

Your table looks so nice! Love the bunny napkin rings and the napkins made into bunnies--clever!

Connie said...

The photo shows a lovely table all set up so nicely! I have seen the movie American Rhapsody, I think I found it on amazon.com and ordered it although I'm not sure if I still have it. I wanted to see it because Emmy Rosman was in it and I liked her role in SONGCATCHER.

Sue said...

The table looks great, Heidi ~ and it's great to have a reason to be cozy. :-)

I love the little bunnies you made, too. So cute.

Rebecca said...

Your table cloth is so cute! Is it paper or cloth? Before we got our new table I used to put card tables together, too. O can still only seat 8 (mildly uncomfortably, too). Looks like a fun day!

Renee said...

Aw, your table looks so cute, and it looks like the Peep s'mores were really fun!

Patsy said...

I enjoyed seeing your table and peo it.ple around

ChicChick said...

What a great Easter~and a pretty table...peep s'mores? Very creative! :)

Lucy said...

Happy Belated Easter, so glad you had a great time with your family :)

Tiff said...

Hi Heidi,

I got your Etsy email. I emailed you on the 11th and the 13th with your .org address. And I just emailed you again with it. If you don't get it, email me at tcupps @ maine . rr. com , obviously without the spaces :)

Tiff