I haven't posted a knitting WIP (Work in Progress) in awhile, and Sue asked about the baby sweater I'm working on, so I thought I'd show what I have so far. I'm using Yarn Harlot's Daisy Sweater pattern (on Knitty here), which I've made once before in blue wool for my friend D'Arcy's baby.
Now I'm "using what I have" (like Rebecca), which in this case is Paton's Katrina yarn in a soft sage green (used it once before in a smaller baby sweater here). I'm a little worried because I only have three skeins and I'm doing the larger size for a special little boy who's having a blessing/dedication this weekend. At this rate, I probably won't be done. This is a nice, stretchy yarn that I think will make a light summer sweater so I'd better finish it soon.
We had a busy weekend:
- I had a tooth pulled. Ouch (financially more than physically)
- I went overnight camping with 12 Girl Scouts, my sister's troop. Photos to come.
- I finally did the official summer/winter clothes switch. Let summer begin!
- Our neighbors and good friends John and Leigh Ann moved into their new house. We will miss them, even though they're only a mile away.
- Ed and I picked up our friends Karen and Jeff and their newly adopted 3-year-old twins from Ethiopia from the airport on Sunday. See the video here.
- Finished three new recycled felted purses. I have a whole new line of purses and hope to post them soon. Maybe this week.