Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hi Joyce and Suzanne

"Just to be is a blessing; just to live is holy." (Jewish theologian Abraham Joshua Herschel)


I haven't shown any felted purses lately. I have been sewing a few here and there, but they seem to sell before I have a chance to post them! I'm still trying to build an inventory to do a craft fair this fall. We'll see.

While my friends from my Women's Spirituality Group were over several weeks ago for Karen's shower, a few went "shopping" in my felted bag collection. Suzanne bought two, including a gold-and-orange one I originally made for Ed's sister (she chose a pink and green one instead). Joyce also loved that one, and I promised to try to recreate something in similar colors. Then Suzanne offered to buy it for Joyce's birthday. I made these three last week and thought I'd put them out there for them to check out. Whatever they don't choose will go in my etsy shop.

1. This first one is made of a olive green sweater with a ribbed texture. The pocket is an orange tweed, and the tie is a cool orange diamond pattern. The vintage button is off white.

It it lined with this cute orange, gold, and green floral sheet, with an inside pocket and gold magnetic clasp.

It is approximately 16 x 12 inches.


2. The second one is also a sagey green, with cables in the thick sweater felt. The pocket is gold with a vintage black button. The tie is a cool 40s-looking one with gold and black patterning.

I lined it with the same leopard print that was in Suzanne's bag. Inside pocket and gold magnetic clasp again.



This one is about the same size as the first: 14 x 10 inches.



3. Option #3 is also a medium tweedy green with the tweedy orange pocket and big brown button. The tie matches perfectly: a green stripe.


The lining is the floral sheet again with inside pocket and gold magnetic clasp.


This one is the smallest of the three, but still good-sized: 13 x 10.
Joyce, let me know if any of these interest you.

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

love the purses babe! the range of textures is awesome. love. them. all!

Sue said...

You do such an amazing job, Heidi. I love your felted purses.

Suzanne said...

Wow! Heidi - your creativity is inspiring, and beautiful! What lovely purses. Can't wait to see the next creations - might just have to do a little shopping!