Ed and I just got back from a four-day vacation to Michigan for my birthday. It was great. Here are the top 10 reasons I love Michigan:
10. Rain was forecast every day, but it didn't rain until our drive home. Beautiful drive on the way up. So many trees!
9. Wonderful B&B in Arcadia. Enjoyed the jacuzzi, the nearby beach (above), the tasty breakfasts, and especially the one-hour massage.
8. Going the weekend before tourist season. No crowds at the Frankfort Lighthouse (above).
6. Getting lost on the way to Mackinac Island. Stopping at garage sale for directions. Buying a toy for Sam.
5. The sweet smell of lilacs on Mackinac Island.
4. A surprise birthday gift from my sister: a gift certificate for dinner on the island.
3. Glorious sunset seen from the ferry ride home. View of the bridge from our cheap hotel in Mackinac City.