Monday, June 11, 2007

Vintage Christmas wrapping paper

"We plan, God laughs." (Yiddish proverb)

Update: the lime green Santa and wreath paper is gone. Sorry!


OK, some of you readers and paper crafters out there saw my mention of vintage Christmas wrapping paper and wanted to check it out. I have scanned in most of it here. (The top red one has a raised gold design.)

I love how the colors are so non-traditional. I know some of these scans are a bit dark, but how about those green and blue bells?

So if anyone is interested in buying some, I'm offering it to you before I put it in my etsy shop. Each sheet is 20 inches by 30 inches, and is folded into the traditional wrapping paper 10x10 square. (Oh, I love that mod green pattern!)

I'm charging $2 a sheet, includes shipping. And, at this point, you can request the ones you want, unless they're sold out. Whatever's left in a week or so will go in my etsy shop in premade bundles. So now's the time to be able to ask for which one you want. (OK, if no one buys that pink and gold one, I'm keeping it.)

My guess is that these are from the 50s and 60s. They are old, but were sealed in plastic so in as good as condition as you can expect for 40-year-old paper!

I bought them at an estate sale here in Chicago, and I'm selling some of my finds from thrifting to help support my craft habit and to help fund our adoptions.

If you are interested, please email me at: schlumpfh (at) claretians (dot) org. Move quickly or your favorite might be gone! I also would love to hear what you plan on making with them!


3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

omigosh! that is some unbelievably cooool paper! what an awesome collection!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Totally delicious! I love the top pic,bottom paper,sadly i am trying to reduce my x-mas stash.

Sue said...

It will be hard to let go, yes? It's gorgeous.

I also love the quote you used. One of my favorite lines (which I say a lot to myself) is "We make the plans and God has His own."