Friday, August 03, 2007

"C' is for creative

At the back of our brains, so to speak, there is a forgotten blaze or burst of astonishment at our own existence. The object of the artistic and spiritual life is to dig for this sunrise of wonder. (Chesterton)

I guess it goes without saying that I am creative and enjoy creative endeavours. My work is creative (writing and editing) and my hobbies are creative, too. Check out the cute tags I made with my new logo! They have my websites printed on the back. I used one of those huge paper punches to make these. They're for my purses, especially the five that were just requested by my friend Leigh Ann's mom, who wants to try to sell them in her art gallery in Indiana. Of course, they take 35 percent, so I am asking a higher price. We'll see if any sell. Nothing to lose for trying.

My mom bought me this book last time I was home visiting. We both liked the pattern for cute flowers made out of the cuffs of felted sweaters. You just take two cuffs, cut them open, and sew them to make a long (about 14 inch) strip. Then stitch the long end and gather it into the flower. I did this one by hand and it was harder than it looks because the felt is so thick. Maybe a thinner sweater would work better. I sewed on a button for the center, and may still add some leaves. There's a lot of bunchiness at the back so I'm not sure it will work as a pin. Maybe. Mom, what color would you like?

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Ohhh...I love the tags, with your new logo--they are adorable. I think it's great that you created those to add to your "signature purses". 35% isn't too bad of a cut, the store by me is taking 50% for one of my painting and it's just not selling at that markup price. :(

Great idea on the Encyclopedia of me posts :) I'm enjoying them!

lucy