Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"F" for fan

"Son, in 35 years of religious study, I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not him." (Father Cavanaugh, in the Notre Dame film Rudy)

I come from a family of sports fans. Both my parents are big Brewers baseball and Packer football fans, not to mention University of Wisconsin anything fans. My dad was a high school football and baseball coach. Although I never played sports, I was a cheerleader for seven years.

I also married a sports fan, though he's not as excessive as some guys. His teams are still Philadelphia ones: the Eagles, the Phillies, and the Flyers (hockey).

These are my teams: Notre Dame for college football, the Packers for pro football, and the Chicago Cubs for baseball (and the Brewers second). I'm not that into basketball or hockey or soccer.

I've been meaning to show you this new line of my purses for awhile now, but I keep forgetting. They are sports-themed purses, using ties from the team and lining them with some sort of "team" fabric. This Notre Dame purse, for example, uses a felted blue and green striped sweater, a ND tie, and some reused ND curtains. (It's being saved for a friend who requested it).

But I also have made some Wisconsin Badger ones, some Packer ones, a Brewers one, and have already sold a White Sox one. Since technically you're not supposed to sell items made from the licensed fabric, I won't be selling these in my shop, but I will do a custom order if anyone's interested (and I can get the materials).

Who's your favorite team? And would you carry a purse that advertises your fan-loyalty?

2 comments:

leisa said...

My favorite teams are:

the Seattle Seahawks
University of Washington Huskies
Washington State Cougars

and the University of Notre Dame fighting Irish!!!

I might wear a purse with a team on it.... not sure....

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE the ND purse!!! Brian might convince me to get a White Sox one from you, but maybe not this year, eh?! My teams are: any t-ball team Silas is playing on; the Bears; a long, long time ago the Bulls; and of course, ND anything. Seriously LOVE the purse, Heidi!

xo Kristi