Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I" is for imbiber

"In reality the main purpose of life is to raise everything that is profane to the level of the holy." (Jewish theologian Martin Buber)

OK, you all are going to think I'm an alcoholic, with this my second post about liquor, and I'm only up to "I" on this Encyclopedia of Me! But this is just an excuse to show a photo from a dinner party we had last weekend with our friends Karen (above) and Jeff, and their two kids, Mari and Mesfin (at right) and our new friends, Mark and Michelle, and their son, little 5-month-old George (left). It was a wonderful get-together of adoptive and hopefully soon-to-be adoptive families. Don't you love it when you really click with new friends?

Karen's husband, Jeff, a wonderful cook who made the amazing cakes at our wedding, made these yummy drinks. He left the recipe behind, so I thought I'd reprint it here. Thanks, Jeff!

Mojito de Naranja
1 1/2 ounces Cointreau
1/2 oz. light rum
3 basil leaves
1 half wedge of orange
2 ounces sour mix
Float of soda

Muddle the basil, lime and orange. Add ice, Cointrau, rum, and sour mix. Shake and pour in a rock blass. Top with a float of soda. Garnish with orange wedge and basil leaves.

1 comment:

Heidijayhawk said...

ok. those sounds spectacular!