Friday, August 24, 2007

"L" is for Lurkers and Long-Lost Friends

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." (Anais Nin)

Sorry no photo today. And apologies to those of you who have been anxiously awaiting the next installment of my "Encyclopedia of Me." (Ed's calling it the Encyclopedia of Narcicism. haha) It has been one hectic week, with our monthly magazine deadline at work, babysitting, parish council, and packing for a trip to northern Wisconsin and St. Paul, which is where we are now. We're visiting Ed's friend Josh (who has a gorgeous condo renovated from the late 1800s) and also met with our Vietnam adoption agency representative this morning. No news except that they are very close to signing with another province, although it's still not very likely that we will have our child (or even our referral) by the end of the year.

In the past week, I've heard from two unlikely readers of my blog: my sister-in-law, who "confessed" that she reads this to keep up on our family while also enjoying seeing the progress of her daughter's sweater, and a friend from high school I haven't seen or heard from in, exactly 25 years, who nows lives in Colorado. She found my blog not by googling me, but through her love of vintage Pyrex. What a small, small world. Hi, Leighann. I'll reply to your email soon. Just know that it seriously knocked me off my chair. I really don't keep in touch with anyone from high school, though another friend I know found me through my blog, too.

Today I went to the Savers thrift here in St. Paul, so now I know what those of you who have them in your towns are talking about. Wow, was everything organized! But prices were pretty high. Still, I got some sweaters for felting and what I think is wool yarn.

Tomorrow we're off to my youngest cousin's wedding. Will be nice to see family. I"ll post photos next week. And I promise it won't be so long till "M"--I already know what I'm going to write about! Hint.

5 comments:

linda t said...

Oooh lucky you, going to nothern WIsconsin!

Where exactly?
I grew up on a dairy farm near the Eau Claire area... off of I-94 between Eau Claire and Black River Falls. My husband and I are going back there in October! Can't wait to see all the colors! Sooo excited!
Hope you take pics of your trip and share with us!

Lucy said...

Just another reminder of how small this world is!! A few of my sister's friends read my blog (they live back home in NY), but I haven't heard of any of my high school friends reading it yet....

Thanks for your encouraging comments on my post (really all my posts), you are always cheering from the sidelines and I appreciate it!!

lucy

Heidijayhawk said...

it amazes mewho lurks on my blog sometimes. i got an email from my uncle's secratary who had been lurking for a year!!

Sarah said...

hi heidi thanks for stopping by praying that the adoption process moves in leaps and bounds for you very soon!

Rennagayle said...

On an L is for lurkers day, I guess this would be a fitting time to come out of lurkdom! ;-) At least I don't think, I've posted here before.

I'm glad to read of the Savers Thrift store in St. Paul. We're traveling to the twin cities area next month (from our home in Texas) to visit my dd. She's not lived there long, and likely hasn't scouted out thrift stores, but I'm a thrift store-a-holic, so it will be fun to check it out. :-)