Saturday, August 04, 2007

Yellow and orange goodness

"Only when one is connected to one's core is one connected to others." (Anne Morrow Lindburgh, Gift From the Sea--one of my favorite books of all time)

Taking a break from the Encyclopedia of Me to share my "Bucket full of sunshine" yellow and orange swap goodies I received last week from Sarah of Misadventures of Mama and Jack. Sarah is a wonderful thrifter and paper crafter (among other things), so I wasn't surprised that her lovely swap package to me included things that feature both talents. (Also, in one of those great-minds-think-alike moments, we both sent each other a piece of Pyrex. See what I sent her here.)













These were among my favorite things in this swap and both are trimmed with wallpaper. (although the favorite has to be the vintage orange-flowered shelf trim. I swear my mom had some almost like this! It's still in the package, and I hate to open it, but I gotta use this somewhere.) As a writer, I appreciated the decorated journal and especially love the silver "H" for Heidi. And the little tin with wee goodies (glitter, buttons, ribbon): too adorable for words.

This is Sarah's handmade contribution. I'm going to guess at how she made it: The fabric flowers seem stiffened by something (glue? starch), then curled for a 3D effect. A button is sewed to the middle and they are grouped on a framed canvas. Very summery and fitting of the theme. Right now it's cheering up my office at work.

Thank you, Sarah, for the very thoughtful gifts. I can't wait to see what the next Sweet Goodness Swap is. Something fallish, I assume?
(Old) Movies to knit by: Above Suspicion (1943, with Fred MacMurry and Joan Crawford as spies in WWII Germany); Autumn Leaves (1956, with Joan Crawford and mentally ill husband); and Paris When It Sizzles (1964, William Holden as screenwriter with Audrey Hepburn).

(Encyclopedia of Me will return tomorrow with "D" is for ...)

4 comments:

Bee said...

Yay! Another Encyclopedia of Me person! I resisted looking at too many other people in case they influenced my choice for the letter but the couple I did look at including yours have all done totally different things. I'm thinking of something for 'D' now.

Lucy said...

Lots of fun goodies--love the trinket box and the journal. I've recently gotten back into writing in mine daily and have joined a few flickr groups about art journal.

As far as the next swap goes--Rebecca and I are toying around with three ideas--and your right--something fallish...lol..., a small Christmas one to get everyone going on something pertaining to Christmas and then Rebecca has a special one she wants to start that's very different :) Just a few little carrots for ya....

lucy

Sarah and Jack said...

My poor bucket doesn't look like it made the journey very well! LOL

Amber said...

Hi--I'm checking on all the other Meme participants and found your blog...
Wonderful swap items you have here!