Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Q" is for quiet

"There are times when silence has the loudest voice." (Author Leroy Brownlow)

I know everyone else who is doing this meme has done "Q" is for quilt, but I have never quilted in my life, though I wouldn't mind trying it someday. My sister-in-law quilts, as does my aunt, who made this quilt as a wedding gift for Ed and me.

Instead, I'm doing "Q" is for quiet, which is something I crave and need. As much as I love and thrive on talk, music, and high energy stuff, I also need daily doses of silence. It's where I get my most creative ideas, and where I hear the voice of God, if I listen close enough.


I know I will be getting a lot less of quiet once we have kids. Speaking of, here are some cute clothes I got at the Salvation Army last week. (Nice segue, huh?) They were each 45 cents. I also got what I think may be a Hanna Andersson shirt for my niece. They are (from left) a Gymboree vegetable print shirt, a Carter's boy outfit, and a Baby Gap denim dress. God, I love that veggie print!

1 comment:

Heidijayhawk said...

oh i crave quiet. it is in such short supply over here.