Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Z" is for zucchini

"We all live on bases of shifting sand [and] need trust." (Erma J. Fisk)

Well, we've come to the end of the Encyclopedia of Me, which I started at the beginning of August as a challenge to myself to blog everyday. That didn't happen; thus it took me two months to get through the alphabet. I tried to sneak crafty and thrifty news throughout the personal stuff, so I hope it wasn't too boring. (Monica at Quilt While You're Ahead just did whole a ABC New York in one post!)

So "Z" is for zucchini, which I wish I could say I grew, but I don't have a garden here on the third floor! This is from my sister, and it was a good 2 feet long and 6 inches in diameter. I grated it and made yummy chocolate zucchini muffins from this recipe from Deb at Homespun Living. They were great, but I'd probably decrease the oil a bit, as they were plenty moist. I gave one mini-loaf to my friend Tom (a crocheter), who just left our office for a new job. Good luck, Tom!

No comments: