Sunday, October 21, 2007

Stuffed pumpkin

"They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folk." (Saying of unknown origin)


I'm starting to get in the Halloween spirit this weekend. I'm not a big Halloween person--always a little shy about dressing up, somewhat creeped out by the gory stuff, and not willing to amass a whole bunch of decorations just for a few weeks in October. But I do love fall and pumpkins and leaves and apple cider, so maybe there's hope for me.

This is a peek at a little Halloween decoration I'm making this year. I'll have a finished photo soon. Sufficed it to say it's made with felt! And that's there no "recipe" for stuffed pumpkins.

*The quote above reminds me of my nephew Jack, who was born the day before Halloween. I'll be joining him for this anti-war protest on Saturday. Check to see if there's one in your town.

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

love the pumkins my dear! i am more of a falldecorator than a halloween one.

Emily said...

Love your Blog. I have gained the courage to start my own! Check it out sometime!
Emily
http://emilyatripp.blogspot.com/

Scarlet Tanager said...

The pumpkins are adorable! I wasn't much in the Halloween decorating mood this year for whatever reason. We have mostly fall decor and then a black feather wreath.