Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sweet pea

"Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is again made clean." (Dag Hammarskjold)

I stole this idea from Pink Trees since I needed a gift for a 1-year-old. It was my godson Lincoln's (cutie at left with his godfather) birthday party on Saturday, so I made him this stuffed felt pea and little bag from a polka dotted sheet to go with the book. I made an extra for Sam! (I was home recovering from oral surgery: the insertion of a steel rod in my jawbone, getting ready for the implant. The sedative knocked me out for the whole day.)


At the birthday party, these two adorable kids--my friend Karen and Jeff's twins from Ethiopia--came in wearing the sweaters I had knit for them before they adopted. Aren't they adorable?! The sweaters actually fit, too.

Later that night we went to see our neighbor Reggie's band at a dive bar in Chicago. They're sounding better and better every time I see them! Also ran into someone I knew from yoga there. I love it when Chicago is such a small town. Our third Saturday night social event was a little get-together for our friend Christian's birthday. Whew! I haven't been that social in a long time. So I slept in Sunday morning, too. Felt good to be lazy on a rainy day.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh my goodness--the kidlets look adorable in the sweaters you made!!! They are just beautiful (kiddies and the sweaters)!

Rebecca said...

The sweaters are fabulous and all three kids are adorable. I love that pea idea!!

Heidi said...

Those sweaters are darling! I love the colors you chose and they look just adorable on those kiddos!

f. pea said...

Well, the pea is killing me with its cuteness. What a great gift! And the munchkins in the sweaters are adorable - they must have made your day!

Anonymous said...

Cute idea with the book, the bag for carrying it, and the pea to go with it. The sweaters really look nice. Your friends are so lucky to have someone who will knit for their kids. You do a great job.

Love, Mom

Renee said...

Those two sweaters are adorable, Heidi! I sure wish I had your skills!

lollysnestegg said...

I just discovered your blog and it is great! You are so very talented. The sweaters for your friends kids are absolutely adorable.
-Lolly