Friday, October 19, 2007

WIP

"What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family." (Mother Teresa)


There has been knitting going on around here, including this new project, which I'm going to be hush-hush about because the person it's for reads this blog. Now doesn't that make all of you wonder! It's a new pattern, so it's interesting, and it's yarn from my stash so that's good.



Movies to knit by: I knit a lot of this while watching Letters from Iwo Jima, and although I hate war movies, I thought this was rather good. I also was impressed with my ability to knit and read subtitles at the same time. I forget which blogger was talking about how she can read for school and knit at the same time. Wow, I'm jealous! Wish I could do that. I love multitasking. I also watched the classic The Way We Were (Pass the tissues, please) while doing some creative sewing with felt, which I'll show you later this weekend.

I also made this yummy Cranberry Banana Bread recipe from Barb. I make a lot of banana bread because my husband likes to buy bananas and not eat them (and he thinks they're bad as soon as there's the slightest darkness on the peel). I usually jazz up banana bread with chocolate chips, but cranberries gave it a nice tartness.

I'm a little behind with my Halloween package for my Swap Sister, but I'll get it out early next week. Sorry, Christy, I'll get it to you by Halloween, I promise!

4 comments:

Christy said...

No worries Heidi, Yours isn't going out until Monday! :) lol

Lucy said...

MMMM--that banana bread sounds yummy, I like the twist with the cranberries. We do the same here with banans, love to buy them but they never all get eaten. The bad part is, I have to duck on occasion when I open the freezer because there are so many in there now! LOL

Anonymous said...

Wonder what the gift is? Who could be the recipient? I love blue and yellow. It looks kind of flat so far. Is it a purse? I didn't make banana bread, but I put on storm windows and carried 21 pieces of deck furniture down to the lower deck for the winter. (The two tables are too big for me to carry.) Dad is home from Manitoba. He didn't get any geese (thank heavens!).

Love, Mom

Patsy said...

The banna bread sounds good,I also put crannberries in a lot of things and walnutd too. crazy aunt pat