Saturday, December 08, 2007

St. Nick's Craft Fair

"The supreme happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved." (Victor Hugo)

Today I'll be selling my work at my first real craft fair. If you're in the Chicago area, it's at St. Gertrude Parish, 1401 W. Granville (between Broadway and Clark). It's today, Dec. 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and tomorrow, Dec. 9, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. In addition to crafts, there is a book sale, baked goods, concessions, raffles, white elephant sale and kids' Christmas crafts. Santa comes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday and there's a pancake breakfast from 8:30-1:30 on Sunday.




I've been busy building my inventory (lots of purses, including some team ones: Chicago Bears and Packers!) plus some Christmas tree ornaments (out of felt) to have something at a lower price point. That's how I justified getting that white feather tree--to display the ornaments! (That, and a 40 percent coupon at Michaels.)


I've also done a lot for the display and "branding" with my Spiritual Knitter logo: signs, business cards, stickers for bags. I'll be sure to take a picture of my booth. I'm nervous that I won't sell anything and have set the goal of making $300. (The booth cost $50). But this is a fundraiser for my church so it's worth it no matter what. And it will be a learning experience. And, as I've read from many of you, whatever's left makes great Christmas gifts (and goes in the online shop!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Heidi! Hope you sell everything. The tree and ornaments look great.

Love, Mom

Sarah and Jack said...

Heidi, I keep having fleeting moments of remembering there is a lost email from you in my email box. I will be happy to pay you for the felt for the backpack. Can I do it on Friday?

Lucy said...

Heidi-I hope today and tomorrow brings you many many sales-have fun and please do share your learning experience with us. Nancy and I want to share a booth this Spring at our Spring Fest so I need to get busy as well building inventory and figuring out a "marketing strategy".


Can't wait to hear about your sales!!

Mizfixit said...

Hope the craft fair was a big success! Your felt ornaments look adorable on the feather tree :)

As Jodi said, we're planning a booth at Spring Fest in April. Any pointers would be appreciated!

Patsy said...

I hope you did well on the sale . I will be watching the blog for further news.aunt Pat

Rebecca said...

Sarah told me you did fabulous at the craft sale!! But of course we knew you would. :)

Your little felt ornaments are so cute! I still have some of the felt you sent me, I think you just inspired me to make a few ornaments!

hugs

beki said...

I hope it went well for you! I have yet to do a craft show, but would like to one day.

tocspaw said...

Hope the craft sale was a hit!! The ornaments are too cute!