Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bless this mess: Goals for 2008

"No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made. Destiny is made known silently." (Agnes de Mille)

See that pile of crap in my kitchen? I'm happy to say it's no longer there, thanks to my wonderful husband who sorted through it all. He's been such a wonderful organizer lately: sorting all the receipts for taxes, getting his school papers all filed, cleaning up after me. Thank God that he's getting organized, because I sure am not. I am just trying to keep up with what has to be done each day, and consequently getting farther and farther behind. But believe it or not, I have been knitting and doing some crafting, but I just have no time to post about it.

Today I begin catching up. First, my creative goals for 2008:

Crafting Goals: By way of introduction, let me say there will not be lots of crafting goals this year, because I sense that my hobby will take something of a back seat as some other responsibilities become more time-consuming. Still, here are some goals:

1. Keep making gifts.
2. Try to do the St. Nick's Craft Fair again next year; come up with new products for kids.
3. Make things for Sam and Sophie (if I'm not depressed about it).
4. Learn to knit using charts.
5. Make more things with felt: stuffies, blankets, etc.

Decorating Goals: A few things we have left to do on this place before we think about moving...

1. Paint kitchen ceiling
2. Paint last wall in bedroom; get room-darkening drapes.
3. Paint solid wood closet doors. Maybe do solid wood doors on rooms.

Blogging Goals: Keep blogging. That's it!

Pretty sparse, I know. But I will have some news to share next week that will explain this all. Sorry to be cryptic, but know that it's not a baby!

4 comments:

Di said...

l like that you have all these aims for 2008! I don't really have any!!

Good luck with them all!!

Lucy said...

You've got me curious now :) I used to be soooo organized (ya right)--okay so more organized than I am now but with a bigger place I seem to just have spiraled with more places to hide things and stash things. I need to have the goal of nothing comes in until 2 things go out.

Can't wait to hear what's been cooking up for you!

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

There's something magical about blogging...when you say you're going to do something, magically it works...you accomplish it! It's sort of the theory of having someone (we bloggers) hold you accountable for what you say you will do! Good luck with your goals...I know you will have a great year...cuz we're all here waiting and watching.... You Go Girl!
*Heidi*

Anonymous said...

You are very courageous to put a picture of your mess on the blog. I don't think I will take a picture of the ping pong table, although that really isn't all my mess and I would clean it up if it was. My sewing room area is no picture for Better Homes and Gardens either.

Love, Mom