Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Better late than never

"Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into flame by an encounter with another human being. Each of us owes the deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this inner light." (Albert Schweitzer)

I'm a little behind on my holidays. Over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend, I finally finished my last Christmas gift: these worsted weight socks out of Paton's SWS (soy wool stripe) yarn in the Natural/Navy colorway for my father-in-law. They went off in the mail last week.














Also mailed last week was my final swap package to Christy at Confessions of a Misplaced Southern Belle for the Sweet Goodness Sister Swap, which was supposed to be mailed in mid-December. Instructions were to send something sweet (I sent homemade toffee) plus the recipe in a bag (a sweater purse, naturally), plus something kitchen-y (two cookie cutters: a bone for her dogs and a heart for the upcoming holiday!) plus a gift. I made Christy a yarn wreath like the one I made for my mom, only in Christy's favorite color, purple. Sorry I was so late, Christy. Hope you like it.

So, finally, with just two weeks to go, I'm turning my attention to Valentine's Day, even though most bloggers have been planning, crafting and posting about it since the day after New Year's! I joined the Sweet Goodness Valentine's Swap and have been matched with Tamy of 3 Sides of Crazy. I'm a little bit behind and have just checked out her blog. Turns out she grew up in Santa Clarita, California, where I had my first newspaper job for three years. Small world! I'm supposed to mail my creative hanging Valentine to her by the end of the week, and I'm going to try to make that deadline. I'm getting out my felt tonight...

But if I was smart, I'd start Easter crafting now!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm not sure where time goes either when it comes to holidays! I've never one who can craft ahead of the season...lol.

Good luck on finishing up your hanging heart in time for the deadline! You can do it!

Beth said...

The socks look really nice in the SWS. The colors are really pretty.