Sunday, February 10, 2008

Felt good

"Now the seed of God is in us. The seed of a pear tree grows into a pear tree; the seed of a hazel tree grows into a hazel tree. The seed of God grows into God." (Meister Eckhart)


My etsy shop was empty for awhile but I recently stocked up with more felt and some vintage wallpaper. I spent a whole afternoon organizing my felt scraps and putting a bunch more bags of felt up for sale. Four sold before I was even done listing! I guess you all have a much harder time finding wool sweaters at the thrift store--especially in bright or pastel colors. There are still some left, and I'm always open to custom orders, so just let me know if you need any.

I recently heard from a woman who purchased a bunch of felt from me before Christmas. I'm always curious to see what people make out of it. She made these four gorgeous Christmas stockings and sent these photos to me to show me them. I know the last thing people are thinking about is Christmas, but aren't these beautiful! And you won't be surprised that her name is "Merry"!


Another absolutely adorable use of my felt was by Sarah in this owl backpack for her son, Jack. She based it on a Martha Stewart pattern that called for it to be knitted then felted. She bought felt from me and skipped the knitting part. Isn't he the cutest?

I've been busy these days packing up almost nine years of collecting lots of paper in my office at the magazine and getting ready for my first day at Aurora University. In between, I've been working on Jovie's sweater and just started another knitting project for a certain birthday boy this month. And I still owe my sister-in-law a little handmade birthday gift, but she will be very excited to hear that I found an adorable pink striped Hanna Andersson dress at the Salvation Army for 90 cents this weekend! (I'm very behind on posting thrift scores lately but will try to catch up.)

Movies to knit by: I can't remember which blogger hosted a "beautiful movie" event a few weeks ago, but someone recommended the Korean movie, Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and ... Spring. I was intrigued because that's pretty close to the title of my infertility book that I never wrote. It was a beautiful movie. I highly recommmend it too. Last night we watched an Irish movie called Once. It was a bit slow, but in the end I liked it and really liked the music.

No comments: