Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Love

"The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn is unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well." (Psychiatrist Elisabeth Kubler-Ross)

Thanks to Tamy for today's quote. Tamy is my swap partner for the Sweet Goodness Hanging Hearts swap, which, as usual, I'm a bit late on. I finished my hanging heart on time but haven't mailed it yet. Tomorrow it will go in the mail.

I made the hanging heart out of--of course--felt from wool sweaters and buttons. Inspired by a pink and red plaid curtain I got at the thrift for $1.50, I went with a pink/red theme. I also was heavily influenced by these from Angie at Northreads (OK, I practically copied them but I'm giving credit here!) Then I made a bunch more and put them on this Christmas wreath for a little Valentine's Day color in our house.

(Ed took this photo of me making my Valentines over the weekend. Nice view of our big island in our kitchen, which is craft central on the weekend.)
Speaking of love, thank you to everyone who commented with congratulations on my new job (and to all you Obama supporters out there!) Blogger doesn't make it easy for me to reply to comments, plus I would never get around to it, but that doesn't mean I don't really appreciate all the love you're sending my way with your thoughts and prayers.

After Thursday my email will change to schlumpfh (at) yahoo (dot) com. And don't send any mail to me at the 205 W. Monroe address anymore. Countdown: 6 more days...

1 comment:

Heidi (http://journals.aol.com/hwoodred/everyday-cookies/) said...

Very cute felted heart wreath! I loved seeing at work crafting, too!

*Heidi*