Sunday, April 20, 2008

Trading post

"Every person is a special kind of artist and every activity is a special art." (M. C. Richards in Centering)

A month ago a woman emailed me asking if I would be willing to trade some of my handmade felt from recycled sweaters for something she makes. I wrote back and said, "Of course!" but the only problem was picking from among her many cool handmade items. Katesy specializes in "sassy stuff made from feisty recycled materials and vintage findings," which would make us two peas in a pod! I finally selected this adorable cup cozy I would like to try making these) and this awesome Sunrise in the City apron (There's another one in her shop). I also have a credit with her for a pair of these adorable baby shoes. Her work is really beautiful, and many of her designs require colorful wool felt. I would definitely swap with her again!

Speaking of aprons, I joined a simple apron swap sponsored by Sarah. I was matched with Jen of Rosey Little Things blog. I've been reading her blog and really enjoying her thrifting treasures. I look forward to swapping aprons with her and getting to know her better. Check out her blog if you want to see some amazing thrifty loot!

No comments: