Friday, June 27, 2008

20 questions


Finally--my answers to the 20 questions from the Parasols, Pink Lemonade and Polka Dots Swap.


1. What is your favorite summer drink(s)? Vodka and lemonade, preferably Crystal Light. But also my mom's yummy Jell-o shots.

2. What is your favorite summer activity? It used to be going to the Jersey Shore. Now it's sitting on the deck with a good book. Or swimming at Lake Keesus. Or biking. Or barbecuing. There are so many fun summer activities, it's hard to choose!

3. If you could spend a lazy afternoon reading, what would be in your hands? Anything but a Communication textbook. I want to read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle this summer.

4. What is your favorite type of craft/art medium? That would be knitting, hands down. But I'm also enjoying sewing, embroidery and even tried my hand at quilting recently.

5. What is one art/craft supply you absolutely have been dying to have or try? I would like to learn some basic crochet (especially to add edges to knitting) but I have so many other projects on my to-do list, I'm not sure when I'll get to that.

6. What are your favorite colors in our 'rainbow sherbet' theme? Pink, lime green, yellow, orange, aqua (or blue) I'd pick pink. I especially love pink and green together. Our nursery is light green, but I'd like to make it pink and green when Sophie comes.

7. What is your favorite sweet treat? I'm enjoying all the summer berries right now (blueberries, strawberries and blackberries) but my favorite sweet is any fruity candy. Those German raspberries are my fave.

8. Are there any craft or art supplies you would NOT be interested in receiving? I'm not a big scrapbooker, although I am planning to do a scrapbook-type "lifebook" for our adopted child, Sam. No acrylic yarn, please.

9. What is your favorite song today? I don't really have a favorite song, but I enjoy the White Stripes. I need to get an iPod so I can listen to more music.

10. How do you 'pamper' yourself during the hot summer days? Lots of fresh fruit. Lazy days reading in bed (as soon as my class is over). Sitting on the deck with our neighbors.

11. Do you have any kidlets or pets? No pets. One adorable 8-month-old baby boy on the way from Vietnam.

12. What is your best potluck dish for summer get togethers? I love this red lentil, cous cous, feta and spinach salad that my sister makes, which came from the back of the box of cous cous.

13. If you could take a summer vacation anywhere, where would it be? Right now, I just want to go to Vietnam to get Sam. But otherwise we like to camp in Door County, Wisconsin. And Germany is next on my list of countries I'd like to visit.

14. Describe your decorating style. Does that say anything about your personality? My decorating style is colorful, eclectic and international--and yes, those words describe me well.
15. What are your initials? HLS

16. Why do you like to join swaps? I've had a run of bad luck with swaps lately, not getting packages from my last two partners, but I'm optimistic each time I join one, hoping to meet a new interesting person. I also enjoy keeping the theme in the back of my mind that month and putting together a mish-mash of cool stuff for my partner.

17. You have 25 dollars to spend just on you for a little treat. What do you buy? (you can list more than one thing) I'd probably hit the thrift store and get some cool fabric or wool sweaters to felt. These days I'm getting great baby clothes there. And because they're so cheap, I'd probably have money left for a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream or other sweet treat.

18. What's one craft supply or art supply you absolutely can not live without? Yarn and my knitting needles.

19. Who's the last person you hugged? I just got back from lunch with my friends D'Arcy and Staci, so I hugged them last. My friends are all big huggers. My husband, not so much (to me, but not to friends and strangers).

20. What's your favorite number and why? I'm not sure I have a favorite number. I like 24 because it's divisible by so many things (and that is the date of our son's birthday) but I also like 4 for some reason.

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Heidi, I hope that doesn't mean you didn't get an apron??? I know I saw one from you go out.

Shara said...

Your swap package is ready to go out this week. I hope I chose things that you would like - I like all of it - so hopefully, you will too. My last partner flaked on me too, so I understand how disappointing it is to not get goodies when you work hard to put things together for your partner.

Net said...

I'm not involved in the swap, but it was interesting to read your answers. I'd love to learn crochet too, and it sounds like you're so ready and excited about your son's arrival!