Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summertime

"Everything that grows holds perfection but a little moment." (William Shakespeare)

It's summertime and the living is easy. Well, not so much until I'm done teaching my summer school class (6 days, but who's counting?). Still, I really am enjoying the season, our last without kids! Sorry that hasn't been much knitting or crafting--and thus not much posting on my blog--because I have been so busy prepping, teaching and grading papers for this class. But I'm still loving my new job, especially the flexibility to sometimes grade papers from my deck at home on a nice, sunny day.

On Summer Solstice (last Saturday) our friends had a big party/baby shower for Ed and me. I posted about it here on our adoption blog. It was really nice--a Vietnamese theme, great food, and limeade and vodka drinks that went down like Kool-Aid! We got lots of nice gifts, plus plenty of Target gift cards, which will come in handy when we need to buy diapers and food!

In some summer-related craft news, I knit this Flower Power Dishcloth from this pattern. I love those bright pink, orange and yellow colors of the Sugar and Cream in a colorway called "Playtime." This will be part of a handmade gift pack for my friend Lourdes who got married last month. In the background is the basil I started from seed this year. I've never done that before. I usually just get the plants.

Speaking of summer, I joined the Parasols, Pink Lemonade and Polka Dots swap sponsored by Sweet Goodness Swaps and was paired with Shara of Monkey Box, whose blog I've really been enjoying. She is a master thrifter! I've been a little behind (as I usually am) and will finally do my 20 questions for the swap tonight. I promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I love that dishcloth pattern. I have knit several like that with yellow centers.

Love, Mom

roseylittlethings said...

Such a cute dishcloth, I must make it:) Thanks for all the FONT feed back, I really appreciate it:) You are a lucky girl to be paired up with Shara, she is great!!!!!!