Monday, July 28, 2008

Speaking of aprons...

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." (The Buddha)

Thanks for all the kind words about my first apron. Speaking of aprons, I think I never posted these pictures (and an appropriate thank you) of the most unique apron I have ever seen: this pants-style apron (it actually ties behind the knees)! This was one of two aprons from Jen at Rosey Little Things as part of an apron swap organized by Sarah. Jen is hosting a Blog Swap; check it out here.

She also sent me this turquoise apron with gold trim and a dish towel appliqued with two aprons. Very cute!

Speaking of aprons, I found two at the thrift store recently: one sheer white (which is not my favorite style, but I can't pass it up at 40 cents) and this basic red and green one, which seems to be crying out for some embellishment!

I know I haven't posted any thrifted treasures here lately. For awhile, I was trying to stay away from estate sales and the thrift shops because I always find cool stuff but just don't have the room. Then once we got our referral for Sam, I went back but limited myself to baby clothes (lots of success there) and wool sweaters for felting. But I have found a few things and will post about them soon.

In other news, I swam 20 laps at the pool today and watched the entire season of Mad Men over the weekend in preparation for the second season opener. I'm hooked! While I love the vintage set, the vintage relations between men and women make my blood boil!

3 comments:

Heidijayhawk said...

oh those are some fabulous aprons!

Ginny said...

What a great apron! I never even thought to look for aprons at thrift stores.

I like that whitish one, very pretty :)

I'm here from the blog swap :)

quitecontrary1977 said...

i love aprons too! i tell people i have an apron fetish! I have yet to see an episode of mad men.. but i so want to, if for the costumes alone. I intend to purchase season 1 at some point. that's how i like to watch my shows. Over a weekend, like you did.