Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Summer swaps

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly." (Lauren Bacall)

My faith in swaps has been restored! Shara of Monkeybox blog was my partner in the Pink Lemonade, Parasols and Polka Dot swap, with a summer colors theme. When I came home from Wisconsin after 4th of July I found this amazing package. Everything was wrapped in bright colors and tucked into this striped beach bag (which I have been taking to the Park District pool all week.)

Look at how fun all this summer-themed stuff is! Those "popsicles"? They're soaps. There also is a summer vinyl tablecloth, polka dot gardening gloves, a little tea cup candle holder, pink chandelier notecards, a pink lemonade dish, orange coaster, a thrifted terrycloth apron in a bright green and white stripe, lemon slice ice cube tray, actual pink lemonade mix, and even lemonade candy!

But my favorite was that this thrifter extraordinare found a vintage Heidi book for my collection--one that I don't have yet! As a fellow felt crafter, I really appreciated her brightly colored felt birdies (above and below), and her umbrella card.
I am almost done with Shara's package (a wee bit late) and will be getting it out to her next week. Just one more handmade gift I'm finishing up.


A few days later I received another swap package, this from Genevieve from Bella Dia blog. She was my partner in the Paris in Springtime swap, but has had a lot going on in her life so got her package out a little late. Hey, better late than never! She is a big paper crafter and made me these two cool collages, both with a Parisian feel. Then, in an apparent generosity in mailing costs, she included this very cool wrought iron fleur de lis, painted white. Love it!

Thanks Shara and Genevieve. It's been fun getting to know you through the swap and your blogs.

2 comments:

Shara said...

I'm glad you liked everything I sent.

Rebecca said...

Lovely swaps! I'm so glad you had two great partners!

Hope all is well and you're feeling less blue